Monday, February 9, 2009

Life Changes In An Instant


I always wondered why my mother was so adamant on taking pictures of everything that happened in our lives. I finally realised why when I was pregnant with my son. I took the first picture of my son and I when I was 8 months pregnant. From then on, I have been documenting all of my son's milestones on camera. I can look back now and see everything from the first time he smiled, to the first time he sat up, crawled, even the first time he walked. Even though these things that he has done are just a memory, I can look back whenever I want and see those amazing times. I can see even the expression on his face when he took his first steps. How happy and proud he was. When my son is older he can also look back on his life as a child and I can describe to him how his life was like. A lot of people don't have that option. Without documenting his life, I could forget about the amazing things in his life he went through. I don't want to forget. I want to remember every second of his priceless life. Every smile, every step, everything. Photography is my way of never forgetting a single moment. Always being able to look back on my life and relive the moment that photo was taken. To me, that is amazing all in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment